The fist time you take on a leadership position the expectations and challenges can be overwhelming. Often there is a lack of good support for new leaders. It is at times like these that a few good leadership books are a new leaders best friend. An important source of learning for new leaders trying to find their way. If that’s you I would recommend the following 9 books as some of the best sources of learning for new leaders.
1. The 21 Irrefutable Laws of Leadership, John C. Maxwell
2. On Becoming a Leader, Warren Bennis
3. Effective Executive, Peter Drucker
4. The Five Dysfunctions of a Team, Patrick Lencioni
5. First Break All the Rules, Marcus Buckingham and Curt Coffman
6. The Leadership Challenge, Jim Kouzes and Barry Z Posner
7. The First 90 Days, Michael Watkins
8. It’s Your Ship, Michael Abrashoff
What book would you add to this list?