Photo by derrickcollins
The post “Why Are Creative Leaders So Rare?” by Navi Radjou who reflects on Dr Kalam’s (former President of India) lecture titled “Creative Leadership in the Global Knowledge Economy” in which he articulates the following eight key tenets of creative leadership.
- The leader must have a vision for the organization
- The leader must have the passion to transform that vision into action
- The leader must be able to travel into an unexplored path
- The leader must know how to manage both success and failure
- The leader must have the courage to make decisions
- The leader should have nobility in management
- Every action of the leader should be transparent
- The leader must work with integrity and succeed with integrity
Leaders drive change and lead people in the pursuit of a vision. This means leaders are often faced with the challenge of venturing into the unknown and the unfamiliar. On any journey into unfamiliar places requires that the leader adjust and respond to unexpected situations. The ability of the leader to navigate in these times requires the traits of a creative leader as described above.