Benjamin Franklin was a man who got things done.
Benjamin Franklin “was one of the Founding Fathers of the United States and in many ways was “the First American”. A renowned polymath, Franklin was a leading author, printer, political theorist, politician, postmaster, scientist, inventor, civic activist, statesman, and diplomat.”
To illustrate just how much he got done consider the following list of inventions and achievements.
- Invented the lightning rod
- Invented bifocals
- Invented the Franklin stove
- One of the first Maps of the Gulf Stream
- Made numerous electricity discoveries
- Founded First Fire Insurance Company in America
- Established First Fire Department in Philadelphia
- Established First Public Circulation Library in America
- First Postmaster-general of the United States
- All this whilst running a printing business!
Certainly an impressive list of achievements!
At this point I’m sure you may be asking yourself, how did one person manage to accomplish so much?